1. Place your right foot on the ground so that your knee is free to bend. Put your left foot on the ground behind you, but do not go too far back so great pressure is placed on the front leg.
2. Bend down at the hips and reach for the ground while holding your arms out in front of you before you touch it with your hands.
3. Keep your back straight while bending over and do not let the stomach sag while doing this movement, which can increase pressure felt in the lower back while doing this exercise or cause issues with spinal discs if done improperly for too long.
4. Do not place your head too far down while doing this exercise. If you do, it can cause back strain on the neck.
5. When you are done with the set, return to an erect position before getting ready for the next repetition of Romanian deadlifts on that side.
6. Repeat on each side until all repetitions have been completed.
7. Rest for a brief moment before getting ready to do the next set.
8. Add more weight to each side after you have completed several sets of Romanian deadlifts and have been able to handle the weight for a few repetitions with good form without experiencing back pain or any other complaints from your body. One repetition should take about two seconds.
9. When you can lift the weight for ten repetitions, increase the weight by five-pound increments and continue with each increment until you reach your desired weight level.
10. Do not rush through this exercise as rushing will only increase the chances of hurting yourself while doing it and decrease your performance of Romanian deadlifts.
Food for Romanian Deadlifts
One of the best foods to eat before doing Romanian deadlifts is carbohydrates. The reason for this is that carbohydrates will help to provide you with energy so you can lift heavier weights and complete more repetitions during your workout session. Examples of good carbohydrate-rich foods to eat before doing this exercise include oatmeal, brown rice, quinoa, and sweet potatoes.
Another good food to eat before doing Romanian deadlifts is protein. Protein helps to repair muscle tissue that has been damaged while performing this exercise as well as any other exercises you might do during your workout routine. Examples of good protein-rich foods to eat before doing Romanian deadlifts include lean meat, chicken, tuna, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, and eggs.
One of the best fruits to eat before you lift weights is watermelon. This fruit will help provide your body with electrolytes which will help prevent cramping while you are lifting weights or doing other exercises.
Another fruit to eat before your workout is grapefruit because it will help provide your body with vitamin C which is used for several different things including helping your body fight off colds and other similar health issues. Tomatoes are also a good vegetable to eat before lifting weights because they will help provide you with lycopene which has been linked to helping reduce the risk of developing prostate cancer as well as providing other health benefits.